Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #171
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    What the hell are you talking about little girl? You're the one that's angry. You took an innocent comment about an observation that anyone who's looked at the schedule has noticed. Why would I want to "ban you"? You have a reading comprehension problem. I guess it's a bad idea to get rid of that library at the high school. You're also the one that can't take someone else's opinion without getting irritated. I've not had a problem with anything you've said. I told you if what I said to you sent you over the edge, you'll not be very happy here. I'm sorry if you though I was bad mouthing daddy, but facts are facts, that schedules [censored].
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #172
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering all the fuss and search for a coach before austin was hired, I think it would be right to call him the new guy..APPY hadn't had a different coach since sarge left in 79..hmmmm over 25 years...yeah..he is the NEW GUY. </div></div>

    I have to agree AUstion is the New Guy for a few more years at least.

    When Cummins left Clintwood Meade was the New coach even though he had been coaching for close to 20 years

    When Robbins steps down whoever takes his place will be the New guy for a LONG time (or until they win a state championship)

  3. #173
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    It's the "steve young" syndrome. It doesn't matter how great you are, when you follow a legend, you have to put your own stamp on a team or program and make it your own. Until then, you are the NEW GUY.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #174
    Inactive Member mlhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2007
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Why do you keep making the daddy comment. He is nowhere near being my daddy. I have been lifelong friends with him and his family, but that does not make him my "daddy". My post had nothing to do with Austin anyway. It had to do with the difficulty of scheduling non-district games. You are the one who took it to mean something different.

  5. #175
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I think I also showed you the lack of difficulty of scheduling non district games.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #176
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    After the series Appy had with Honaker, it'd prolly cost a war pension for them to schedule another BDD team.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #177
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the Lb. would beat shelby valley, SP or Castlewood...easily </div></div>

    Not sure about that from what I have been hearing some in Pound are not happy with the choice of coach Crabtree and some are ALREADY working on finding a way to get someone else in [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] </div></div>

    That is news to me. Everyone that I have spoke to seem to fall into everything Crabtree has told them about turning Pound around. Nothing but support for him IMO.
    But then there is always a few in every town that has a problem with anyone new coming in.

    I wish Pound the best but I don't think too much will change in one year as head coach at Pound. Rebuilding takes time, and in time maybe Pound can have some good winning seasons. The young boys in the 9th and 10th grades have some good talent and can be good players if they are coached right.

  8. #178
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    '98 thru '02 was the weakest 5 year run I can ever remember in Haysi football history. You would probably have to go back to the 60's to find a weaker stretch for the football program. They actually won district championships in '98 and '01 but those teams would have to be among the weakest of all time to be able to call themselves BDD champs. '00 was the worst team I've ever seen at Haysi bar none.

  9. #179
    Inactive Member BDDORG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Except for Twin Valley, and Hurley (they have to play) Honaker has a tough schedule. They have for the last 4 seasons and when it doesnt get them to banged up it has really helped them.

  10. #180
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I miss the Burton/Haysi game when they squared off the 1st week of the season, it was a good test for both teams and was normally a great game.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •